Government authorities and banks across the GCC are heavily investing in Biometrics technologies to combat growing security threats in the region. Implementing ID technology is also a top priority because it is critical in order to reduce crime, detect fraud and control borders effectively.
Recent Biometrics developments this year include:
- All telephone users in the UAE and Saudi have been required to register their fingerprints with their telecom operator
- UAE e-gates at border control have been updated with on-the-move, non-intrusive systems
- Kuwait has announced its new electronic passport system
- Gulf Bank announced the Middle East’s first ‘Blinking-to-Bank’ biometric mobile banking app
- Qatar has tested a new smart technology for e-passports which uses automated facial recognition
- Qatar’s Commercial Bank has obtained approval to introduce new finger vein pattern recognition technology to its ATMs allowing customers to withdraw cash without the need for a bank card or PIN number
Given the demand in this sector, The 1st Biometrics Middle East Conference (5-6 December 2016, Dubai) will give security decision makers an opportunity to discuss strategies and biometric technologies for improving homeland security, reducing fraud cases at banks, improving immigration control and detecting criminals early on.
Learn how to:
- Deploy the latest smart government initiatives in biometrics in the GCC region to overcome data integration challenges across different database platforms
- Overcome biometrics deployment challenges at airports without compromising on security standards
- Adopt iris scanning for financial centers to maintain customer trust as well as the security of transactions
- Implement mobile identity-authentication services for safe and secure geo-location infrastructure to protect card holders from fraudulent transactions
Emirates ID Authority, Dubai Airports, Abu Dhabi Airports, Oman Airports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation, Dubai School of Government, Emirates NBD have already confirmed their participation, along with innovators in biometrics technologies, Eimass, Safran and Emirates Photo Marketing.